Sunday 1 July 2012

The first and hopefully not the last !


  Well i'll be frank, i've always been intrigued by various people's blogs and have wondered what it would be to have one of my own and hence this experimental page. And then i wondered what i could possibly blog about, as by no stretch of imagination a knowledgeable or worldly wise guy and the only think i can talk about with some confidence (wrong i may be) is football. And till i know enough about anything else i've decided to keep content with writing about football, maybe a little about books might occasionally pop up provided i manage to keep up my enthusiasm about blogs. ( Excuse my skepticism).  

 Well i think a bit of introduction can do no harm. After coming to face with reality that i could never make it as a professional footballer ( one can always dream ! ) i've decided to give academics a shot and am now a college going student. Being a history aficionado i'll go ahead and bore you a little with it. My interest with football started because of a few friends who were staunch David Beckham fans. Those were the days when he made news for football reasons (well almost ! ) and when Posh Spice was still associated with the spice girls. I was intrigued by the sport and it's popularity and for the time being Beckham became an idol of sorts, i aspired to be like him and played the same position (right midfield) as him and attempted to find the net with freekicks. And i decided to find out more about the team he played for, Manchester United. And believe me when i tell you that the team today doesn't compare anywhere to the team back then, a team that oozed class and boasted of players of the likes of Stam, Yorke, Cole, Schmeichel, Irwin, Sheringham and a still young(relatively)  manager in Alex Ferguson, and i've remained a fan since. And like everything else on this blog, i'll be honest, i've found it hard to find a national team to support. As you would expect it started of as england but i always had a soft spot for italy because it had my favourite player (till date) in Alessandro Del Piero and so it was England and then Italy for me. And this continued for a while (2002 -06)  till i realised that the English team was becoming absolutely terrible and i decided to jump ships ( Can you blame me ? ). I fancied the czech team for the euro'08 but that's when i met the team that impressed me the most despite being knocked out in the quarterfinals, the Dutch ! And i have remained their supporter since despite still having my secondary team as italy (i have completely given up on England).  And no matter what their results maybe in recent times i've decided to stick by them. I follow the English league, but also make sure i know enough of the italian, spanish and german leagues and i've decided to resort to this blog to give my opinions on football after people have told me that i flood their facebook "news feed" with my footballing opinions. ( Sounds a bit disjointed doesn't it ? My attempt at being funny rarely works out ! )
  
That's me with in the centre with the dutch jersey with my five a
side team (we're not half bad)
     Oh i forgot to mention, my playing position has now covered strike, midfield, goalkeeping and now after much thought have decided the best place for me is at the heart of the defence. I've not lived long enough to talk enough about the history of football but my opinions will be based on the videos, what i've read and what i've heard from various people. The post was written in a bit of haste, and i certainly hope do better in the future ones. Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.

7 comments:

  1. Yaay! I'm sure you''ll keep up the enthu! (for blogging i.e) Will I have to read Football for Dummies to understand what's going on? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Andy.

    But Orcaaa, good one.
    Hopefully will see lots of nice posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to not stick to football completely, let's see how that goes. But i guess it'll end up being primarily football !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff Arka. And don't stick to just football.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one man! I'm by no means a football expert, but I sure hope I get to read loads of your opinions. And yes, post about other stuff too, if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetly done... :)...keep posting..!! \m/

    ReplyDelete